Enrolment is now open for a free online course from Cambridge English to help refugees and asylum seekers get the information and support they need to apply to and reach university in the UK.
‘Aim Higher: Access to Higher Education for Refugees and Asylum Seekers’ is a massive open online course (MOOC) provided by Cambridge English in partnership with the social learning platform FutureLearn. The course is supported by a group of experts across higher education, refugee support networks, language assessment providers and refugees studying at universities.
The course is ideal for refugees and asylum seekers planning to make an application to study at undergraduate level in the UK. During the three-week course, participants will learn about:
- the UK higher education admissions process
- choosing a university and course of study
- making an application and writing a personal statement
- English language requirements and how to improve their English
- how to access legal, financial and student support
- applying for grants and scholarships.
The course starts on 8 May 2017 and participants can register here