The following institutions have been recognised as Universities of Sanctuary due to their commitment to creating a culture of welcome for people seeking sanctuary within, and beyond, their campuses.[NB: This page is currently in development]
To find out more, or if your institution would like to apply for a Sanctuary Award, e-mail [email protected].
- University of Edinburgh (awarded 2017)
- University of Warwick (awarded 2017)
- University of Bradford (awarded 2017)
- University of East Anglia (awarded 2018)
- University of Hull (awarded 2018)
- York St John University (awarded 2018)
- University of Leicester (awarded 2018)
- Cardiff Metropolitan University (awarded 2018)
- University of Winchester (awarded 2018)
- University of Manchester (awarded 2019)
In addition, the University of Sheffield declared itself a University of Sanctuary as part of the emergence of the movement in Sheffield. The University of Sanctuary stream has since been fully established and there is now set criteria and we ask Universities to submit an application for assessment by a panel (see the Awards section above or the handbook available in the Resources section).